Real Madrid extend winning Euroleague run, Efes beaten
Group B leaders Real Madrid made it three Euroleague wins from three against Olimpia Milan on Friday.
The Spanish champions were all but assured of the victory after two quarters as they moved 21 points ahead.
Olimpia closed the gap as the match drew on but Madrid proved too strong and maintained their 100 per cent record with a 93-74 win.
Madrid will also have been buoyed by Anadolu Efes' loss earlier in the day.
German champions Brose Baskets inflicted a first defeat on Efes thanks to an impressive turnaround, having been seven points down at the midway mark.
The third quarter saw Brose move ahead for the first time and they held on in the last 10 minutes to secure a thrilling 88-86 win.
Maccabi Electra ended Lokomotiv Kuban's winning start to the competition in Group D, the Israeli side building on a solid first quarter to see out the match 73-58.
In Group C, Zielona Gora survived a late fightback to pick up their first win against Siena.
The Polish outfit were eight points ahead at the break and made to sweat in the final two quarters but eventually secured a 73-65 victory.
Zielona move off the bottom of the group and leapfrog winless Siena as a result.
Panathanaikos needed overtime to see off Crvena Zvezda, scoring 16 points to 12 in the extra period to triumph 90-86 and pick up their second win.
- Olympiacos triumph in Toronto
- Giggs likens Van Gaal to Ferguson
- Copa do Brasil Review: Corinthians among tri…
- Bouchard withdraws from Citi Open
- Hamilton expects to extend Mercedes contract
- French pair engaged in Tour podium battle
- Putnam, Petrovic share lead in Quebec
- Blanc: World Cup stars will move on
- Pinto steps down as Costa Rica coach